The Tulloch Ringing Centre

The Tulloch Ringing Centre

The Tulloch Ringing Centre

Devon-Ringers-at-Tulloch-2015     
7-2-4 34.9″ Gillett & Johnston 1950. The new Tulloch tenor. The old #7 from the chime at St George”s North, Greenock

The new Tulloch tenor.

The Tulloch Ringing Centre is Scotland’s first dedicated ringing centre. The principal belfry has 12 bells, the tenor being 7-2-4 in Bb and The Last Tower is home to a smaller ring of 8 bells, tenor 1.1.15 in A.

This is the most northerly ring of 12 in the world and only the second ring of 12 in Scotland. With excellent transport links and local accommodation, coupled with no restrictions on ringing, it is hoped that the facility will be used by visiting bands for teaching, peal ringing and general ringing fun. Tulloch are proud to be the leading tower for quarter peals rung in Scotland, 2013 (30). In addition, 19 handbell quarters were rung and 8 towerbell peals and one handbell peal.

The Scottish Association of Change Ringers opened the belfry with a peal of Yorkshire Surprise Maximus on March 10th 2013, and the 12 bells are now available for any other peal requests.

Some regular ringing happens each week, usually Wednesdays 7–9pm: but please contact the tower correspondent for confirmation and details. Other ringing by arrangement, for details of which see the calendar on the website.

For details of ringing please check the Tulloch Callendar and then email us at tullochbells[at]gmail.com.